Reading Challenge

Write Tribe Reading Challenge 2019

Blogadda image

Thursday, January 9, 2020

The Journey Of Life

Ahead lay a long road, sometimes straight and sometimes curvy
There were miles to walk and countries to pass
I thought I had everyone with me and the walk would be lively
But many a times, I found it was only me.



When the night came and the shadows sprang forth
When a new lane came into view
When the path ahead was unfamiliar and new
Those were the times when I found myself alone.



Though fear was a constant companion
and anxiety of the unknown path ahead kept up with me
I knew I had to keep walking
however long, unwinding and dangerous the road ahead be.



Many a times I found unasked and unexpected
the pleasure of strangers' company,
We will walk with you for a while, they said
For some distance they journeyed with me.



Our destination was the same but paths were different
And we parted when the road divided
I found my solitude join me again
and on and on we together travelled.



At the end I reached a meadow
With beautiful and colorful flowers,
Far ahead lay large and majestic mountains
And clouds hovering over them promising cool showers.



It lifted my spirits, this beautiful place
It renewed my strength and washed away my tiredness
I forgot the long road that I had travelled
For my heart was now filled with happiness



Because, there at the most beautiful place,
I found them all whom I thought I had lost in my journey
They stood with outstretched hands and beautiful smiles
It was as if they had sprung up from my memory.



I ran ahead with laughter and joy
basking in the glorious feeling that I wasn't now alone
After  journeying in solitude forever,




Here, in the end, with my loved ones, I was finally at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment