Reading Challenge

Write Tribe Reading Challenge 2019

Blogadda image

Sunday, January 6, 2019

Humanism - Let us not lose it!

I do not ask for luxuries or riches.
Only, when things go wrong, and it is not my fault, do not blame me or take it out on me please!
Or, when it is really my fault, go easy on me, like I go easy on you. Let a small mistake remain a small mistake, do not make a mountain out of the molehill!
When I ask for little things, like my favourite snack from the road-side vendor, or a sandwich at the stall, do not refuse please.
And if and when you buy it for me, do not crib about how inconvenient it was for you, or how unnecessary it was! It is in the little things that I find my happiness.
When the kid falls sick, do not blame me. I love the kid, as much as you do. 
When I plan an outing, and things do not go as per plan, do not make it worse for me by complaining and cribbing about the fiasco. You can be sportive about it, you know, and enjoy the moment.
I am strong, I know. But don't use this as an excuse to put me through emotional abuse. Even strength has an expiry date. Nothing can endure forever, not a strong mind or a strong heart. And not the strong person standing in front of you. 
I stay meek, I stay humble, I opt to go without a fight. Not because I can't. But because I won't. Do not take me for granted!
All the above pleas?
These could be from a troubled partner. And I use the word 'partner' because today, the roles have been reversed. If there are suffering women in a family, there are suffering men in another. Because anyone can be a victim of emotional neglect or abuse, regardless of gender.
Some of the above pleas?
These could be from a child pleading to his/her parents. Because it is the basic tendency of humans to take for granted, the people really close to us. It is easy to assume that the person we love the most will always be beside us, no matter how we treat them. The important thing to remember is that, it is not just necessary for our loved ones to be there, it is highly important that they stay with us, knowing fully well that they are cared for!
Some of the above pleas?
It could be aged parents pleading to their grown-up 'children'. Because it is easy to lose patience when you say a sentence for five times and your mother can't understand because she has a hearing problem. It is easy to shout when your aged father tries to do something but it results into a disaster as he no longer is able to do those tasks easily, which he used to do before. But it takes a high level of maturity and responsibility to remember that once upon a time, these people were young and healthy, they looked after us, raised us and still love and care for us! 


Let us be better humans first. Feminism, chauvinism and the likes wont matter if we lose our basic 'humanism'!

No comments:

Post a Comment